Announced at the prestigious awards ceremony in Dublin City Centre on Friday 3rd November, Wilsons Auctions was extremely honoured to receive the Gold Award for the Family Business CSR Award at the Irish Family Business Awards.
This award recognises the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility and its efforts to give back to the communities it serves.
As a resilient family-owned company for over 86 years, Wilsons Auctions has grown to become the largest independent auction company in Ireland and the UK. Wilsons Auctions stands as a testament to a family business deeply rooted in its local communities, investing in its people and environment, and making a profound positive impact. The auction company has continuously evolved operations and values to serve as support and a positive force within local communities.
Even through the challenges of the global pandemic, Wilsons Auctions continued to support local and national communities. In partnership with various charities in 2020 to 2023, the company raised over £500,000, to assist those most vulnerable.
Take a look at a selection of the fundraising events taken place since May 2020:
- May 2020 – ‘A Bid For Kindness’
- November 2020 – Dublin Charity Christmas Appeal
- April 2021 – Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council Mayor's Charity Auction (Air Ambulance NI and Guide Dogs NI)
- October 2021 – Partnership with Round Tower GAA Club
- December 2021 - Partnership with Barnardo’s
- June 2022 - Ellie’s Red Tie Ball (Air Ambulance NI)
- June 2022 – Corporate ‘tee-off’ in aid of Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation
- July 2022 – Supercar Charity Auction
- August 2022 - Mega 24 Hour Challenge to support Little Heroes
- September 2022 – The Grand Daisy Ball
- September 2022 – Elmer’s Big Belfast Trail Auction
- November 2022 - Winter Ball raises funds for Friends Of The Cancer Centre
- November 2022 – Partnership with HOPE 365
- December 2022 – 12 Auctions of Christmas
- January 2023 - Seized assets sold at auction raise over £100,000 for NI and Ireland Charity
- February 2023 - Beloved Guitar & Music Equipment hit the right note for Sligo Cancer Support Centre
- May 2023 – Corporate Golf Tournament raises €5000 for the Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation.
- June 2023 - Over £40,000 raised in ‘Loving Memory of Late Dad’ event for NI Pancreatic Cancer.
- August 2023 – Branch-to-Branch Charity Challenge raises £10,870 for Marie Keating Foundation and Cancer Research UK.
Speaking of the awards, Ricky Wilson, Director and Auctioneer at Wilsons Auctions said, “What a result. I am thrilled for not only the company but the staff that gets involved with local communities, the community events and the fundraising activities. I can’t thank everyone enough for their continued hard work.”
This recognition follows the recent success of being named as one of Ireland’s Best Managed Companies by Deloitte for the 14th consecutive year, as well as being named as finalists in the South County Dublin Business Awards and The Negotiator Awards.
Wilsons Auctions is the largest independently owned auction company in Ireland and the UK, with operations spanning 19 locations and hosting over 3,100 auctions each year.
Wilsons Auctions now offers the largest auction facilities in Ireland, with a 21-acre site on the outskirts of Dublin City Centre. The site offers 80,000 sq. ft of undercover storage and showroom viewing space. As part of the company’s ongoing continuous improvement initiative, it has invested circa €1M in upgrading the Dublin facilities for both customers and staff.
For more information, please visit www.wilsonsauctions.com, follow on Facebook @wilsonsauctionsltd or go to @wilsonsauctions on Twitter, TikTok and Instagram.